Where did summer go?

This is kind of a very jumbled yet organized by location post. It’s basically all the places I went to after returning from Germany, and also some videos I couldn't upload to my Germany blog post.


My birthday is on the 13th of August, and as I knew I wasn’t going to be in Mallorca for my birthday, I went out with friends for a pre-birthday meal. We had burgers and milkshakes and caught up on what we’d done the time we were away.



As I’ve already shown you these food pics I thought, why not show them some more from before Germany? So here they are:  



A few days before my birthday we went to Malaga, in the south of Spain. This is where my mum’s family comes from and I had never visited them. It felt so good to finally be cold during summer, as in the island the only time you’re cold during summer is when you go into a swimming pool hahaha 






We rented a huge van/car as we were 9 people coming from Mallorca. We also needed it as nearly every day we went to nearby towns.







We specifically stayed in Cañete la Real, which is the actual town where my family comes from. I would recommend anyone to go there, especially during the summer if you want to combat the heat, although I have to say that this quiet town didn’t really have Wi-Fi anywhere, which if you think about it is good as it keeps you off your phone.   


When we arrived to the main part of the town, our whole family was waiting on the sidewalk, and were especially excited to see my grandparents, as they weren’t supposed to come to this visit. My granddad who was born in this town hadn’t been there for many years and his siblings were all especially emotional to see him and my grandma. It was such a special moment for him to go back to his roots and also for us, his grandchildren, to see where he spent his childhood.


During our stay there, there was a small town fair with performances every night and some crash cars, which were very fun.


The day after we came back from Malaga we met up with our Dutch friends, which came here for the summer. We went to a beach in Alcudia and had this amazing dessert plate.  


Then, towards the end of August we went to a town near the beach. We stayed there for one week and then it was nearly time to go back to school again… 






Lucia x




























Comments